Poster Storage & Setup
You may store your poster in advance of the poster session by bringing it to Emily Ryan’s office in the basement of Spooner Hall at the following times:
- Tuesday, 23 May, 12:00 – 17:00 (12:00 – 5:00 PM)
- Wednesday, 24 May, 12:00 – 15:00 (12:00 – 3:00 PM)
You will not be able to set up your poster in The Commons until 15:00 – 16:30 (3:00 – 4:30 PM) on Wednesday, 24 May. Supplies will be available as noted in the specifications below.
Specifications & Display Details
The poster session will include approximately 30 posters. Posters should be no more than 36 inches by 48 inches.
Approximately half of the posters will be mounted on a provided 40 inch by 60 inch poster panel on a table or easel. These can be portrait or landscape orientation. Table-mounted posters will be set up back-to-back with another poster on the table, leaving limited space for additional display materials.
Approximately half of the posters will be mounted on the wall. These can be portrait or landscape orientation. A limited number of tables for additional display materials will be available.
Materials provided by the conference:
- Poster panel for table-mounted and easel-mounted posters
- Push pins for affixing posters to panels and walls
- Binder clips to join the back-to-back poster panel display boards
About the space:
- Wireless is available in the poster session space
- Electrical outlets are located along the walls and recessed into the floors
- Tabletop space for additional display materials (e.g.: handouts) will be limited for both wall- and panel-mounted posters
Options for Printing Posters
Local printers convenient to the conference site:
- KU Campus Bookstore’s Jayhawk Ink (Kansas Union Level 2)
- Requires a PDF to print
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring on a flash drive at least one day in advance
- 24 inch wide posters are $4.00 per running foot, e.g.: 24 x 36 = $12 before tax
- Larger posters are $4.00 per square foot, e.g.: 36 x 48 = $48 before tax
- FedEx Office Print & Ship in downtown Lawrence (1 mile from the Kansas Union)
- High resolution PDF or JPEG recommended
- Order online
- Starts at $7.25 per square foot, e.g.: 36 x 48 = $87 before tax
- Spoonflower – http://www.spoonflower.com/presentation-posters
- Or explore other options by googling fabric poster printing